Monday, December 05, 2005

Moving House & House Warming

This morning my Operations Manager came in with a piece of paper in his hand. He gathered the people and announced that there would be a little "house moving" and "house warming" for majority of us. In the end, all of us except me and the people in the Marketing Department had to move from our current table to another table for "feng shui" sake : courtesy of my Managing Director. (Personally I don't believe in this as I am a Christian, but because he do, we'll have to follow his instructions.) As there are less than 10 people (excluding the Marketing Dept) in the office, we'll have to shift the currently unused computers onto the floor. The best part is, my supervisor used thinner to clean her table, which is causing protests among the office people due to the pungent smell.

Everybody whose place had been changed decided to do the shifting today, including my Operations Manager. Their thinking was "get it done and over with", so they are shifting to their "new" tables now...

3 comments:

NA said...

Next time try asking your manager mroe about feng shui. Try to understand his ideas b4 dismissing it as crap. I believe you will benefit much from the exchange.

How do I know? Cos I am a KuraKat (kurakat = curious cat)

=)

singsingsing & Drum Drum Drum said...

Tks KuraKat... AS I have said, I don't believe in this... But tks for your suggestion...

NA said...

I dun either. But it is onteresting to find our how people reason. One of my hobbies is to expose people for their contradictory thoughts. Not in a judgmental way but a humorous one.

Loosen up lah.

Dun need to be so defensive. Or else we will all miss out many interesting things in life. And I am not asking you to sin. =)