Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Too Free...

So bored, I have nothing to do now at work... Now my colleague is closing accounts. One of my colleagues who is in charge to Costing is on a one-week MC due to his swollen leg, so gotta wait for him to come back to close the Stock part the following week....

Had a very hectic week, I was out till late practically every night, including Sat and Sundays. You can say all my weekends are burnt. But then again, I have my weekends burnt for the past 10 years, so why am I complaining? Makes no sense....

3 comments:

NA said...

Although it is generally accepted that "appearing busy" is the "right" thing to do, whether you are really busy or not.

This mindset pervades not just in the Army, but also in the working world (both public and private sector).

In my humble opinion, what really matters is the quality and quantity of output that we are churning out while working.

Consider this. If there are 2 employees holding the same position and doing the same things in the same company.

One of them chat with colleagues (tolerable limits), go online and MSN his/her friends sometimes but always produces quality work in at least acceptable quatities whilst meeting deadlines most, if not, all the time..

The other one is appears to be VERY hardworking but produces only half the level of output as his/her colleague with fluctuating levels in quality. Given all other factors remain constant, who will you choose to fire in a midst of retrenchment?

I will let the second one go. This is because I care less for appearance than substance. Not that I encourage laziness in the office, but that I value competence more than play-acting.

My 2 cents' worth here. Hope that this will not offend anyone.

NA said...

Just be yourself. =)

singsingsing & Drum Drum Drum said...

Tks for your encouragement...