Monday, April 03, 2006

Free but sick

I'm so free here at work... Partially because my supervisor is on leave, that's why I am so free... Another thing is that I am down with flu, cough and sore throat. These are the standard illness I get after months and months of singing non-stop (everyday at least 1 hr, that is) and not taking care of my throat. Now I can't talk much due to my "sexy" voice, thanks to my tons and tons of vocal trainings, both individually and corporately as a choir (church and MPYC).

On Sunday, after sve, I decided not to serve for Chinese Church, like I usually do, and fellowship with my members. But before that, I had to meet my a cappella group to discuss about the talentime specially organised by Team B (Tks so much Jia Jia, Weixing, Bro Jeff and others!) Sofyan, the guy who initiated the formation of the group, met us up to have a chop chop 5-min practice. (He looks so much like Wilbur Pan Wei Bo!!!) Then I rushed to join my members for lunch.

We went to Bedok Interchange for lunch. After that, Me, Yingjie, George, Yunfeng and Jia Jia went to the cafe in MPH Bookstore Parkway Parade for a chat. On the way there, we laughed so loudly that I wondered whether we would create a mini fishmarket there. In the end, we tried to subside our laughter and succeed. If not we would be chased out of the quiet cafe. I have never fellowshipped with them for so long ever since I started serving in Chinese Church after service in Expo. Thank you guys and gal, for the wonderful and fun time together! ;)



Oh, btw, I went to the Project Superband BIG JAM on 25 March, Sat. The pic above is my fav group, SOUL. SOUL consists of 5 guys who are fantastic at dancing. They are: Awi (the only malay guy in the group), Alfred, Ishi, Andy and Justis. You might find Ishi very familiar: he was in the local drama, Rainbow Connection with one half of the group 2moro.

SOUL are great dancers and good singers. That day, they sang JJ's Number 89757. I think they did very well and brought the feel to the song. They had very good comments from the judges. The BIG JAM will air on 9th April, 7.30pm on Channel U. The results show will air on 10th April. Remember to catch me and SOUL on TV... ;P

1 comment:

c a r c a r said...

hey ger! coincidently i watch them - SOUL on mobile tv on that day! and i strongly agreed that they are superb! very entertaining and professional!

wish them all the best!!